The service is primarily directed towards meeting the person’s need for social contact and/or accompaniment in order to participate in community life.
These services may include:
- One to one support to attend a social activity of the client’s choice ie bingo, gala days etc
- Sharing an interest with a small group of people, ie arts and crafts, music, poetry etc
- Friendly visiting ie. Someone just to sit and have a chat with
- Letter writing on your behalf
- Shopping, bill paying and banking where the client is accompanied by the worker. We transport you to the shopping centre and assist you to choose the items you need, pack the shopping, transport you home and pack the groceries away for you. Alternately, we can shop from a list for you on those days that you aren’t feeling up to shopping!
- Go to a café for a cuppa.
- Men’s Group outings to venues that interest our male clients
Let us make these daily tasks less stressful for you.